Jul 31, 2009

So much done, yet so much to do!

Yesterday I called up a few ex participants of Part-1 and briefed them about Rishiji's course. One of my friend in the cubicle asked, "Kis cheez ki marketing kar raha hai bhai??". And I replied, "Logon ko line pe lane ki!!"

Meanwhile a thought ran across my mind. "What a call centre type job where we have to sell our AOL courses to people". Just after that, a realization dawned. "Does this job really matters? Afterall everything has already been planned and decided by guruji. We are mere instruments whose contribution is just a drop in the ocean. It is like doing something that has already been done. We are being given the credit of lifting the Govardhan with all the strength that we have but in true sense, its only the little finger of the divine which is at work. We are doing nothing. In fact, the opportunity of working for his vision is only given to the privileged ones. Like the people under the Govardhan were the blessed souls who had the opportunity to be there."

Later that night, we had to call around 50 people in Pune to push them for Rishiji's course. Himanshu bhaiya then said, "How does it matter whether you do a phone call or whether I take a course. Ultimately by some or the other means, we are working for the divine."
After we dispersed for the day, there was a huge sense of gratification in me. It had made me feel so complete and I was filled with contentment. As I walked towards the bus bay, I strongly felt, "What did I do, just worked for guruji and it has made me feel exalted. Is this not what I want to do for the rest of my life?"
Not that there was a doubt before, neither is this feeling of contentment something new for me, but it made me feel the difference in the quality of work that I was doing while in Infy.
When someone asked Himanshu bhaiya, why is he resigning from infy, he said "Theres no time for this work now".
I look forward to say this to my colleagues next year.

I went home with a compliment added in my account. This was said by one of the volunteers with whom I was speaking for Rishiji's course, "You have a wonderful voice!!"
Long time since I was praised for something remotely associated with AOL :)

Finally, whenever you do something for Guruji just think...

So much done, yet so much to do!

5 comments:

vatika said...

gud one yaa..
So much done, yet so much to do!
very true...
jgd!

jhalak said...

beautifully writen nd expressed rishub....... i agree shat-pratishat ie; 100% :-) jai guru deva

janvi said...

gud one...... wth so much of expressble feeling rishi.... jai gurudev

vasudha said...

Its interesting to note a contradiction here!We say, we worked for Guruji but we got the fruits,which is the special feeling of satisfaction that nothing else in the world gives,isn't it..Then are we really working for him , or he is working for us, worth thinking..

siddharth said...

What you have written down is just what was needed for me rite now, and your voice is really sweet, and all the more when i get to hear it after long time :),jgd

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin