Jul 1, 2009

Our Superstars are completely different from their superstars!!

Shamelessly copied and modified from "Intel"!!

But this truly fits when you are in a satsang and waiting for a Rishi to appear and the wait turns into longing and then, a blessing!! Because even getting a chance to wait for the divine is a blessing in itself.
I am refering to Rishi Nitypragyaji. This all happened because of the Isawe family. Shivangi 'fooled' me saying the satsang will start at 7.30 and will get over by 10pm. With her lure for a pick up and drop in her parent's car and with her sattva power, overpowering my lame excuses, I had no option but to go.

At the venue when I told her that I am going to meet Rishiji for the first time, she gave me a look as if 22 years of my life have been wasted. Nevertheless, I awaited his presence with all the zeal and excitement. As he appeared from the front door, he did not make heads turn (because people had already turned themselves towards the door) instead he made people cling to him like a lump of jaggery is attacked by ants. I saw him from a distance of 3 people. (In AOL the distance is measured not by meters or Kms but by the no. of people standing between you and the Superstar!). He wore a bright smile which would make his small twinkling eyes go even smaller and greeted everyone with a gentle touch on their face followed by a very warm and affectionate "How are you?". I saw the watch he was wearing and could make out that he is might be a techno freak like Rishi Vidyadharji. (He does Vishu puja from his iPod!). An overall look of Rishiji would tell you that he would still be below 35. Dark, shoulder length hair and a long beard made him look very typical. But his smile and the glow on his face made him appear as if he has just born.

He sat down along with the other singers and waited for the song to complete. I was eagerly waiting to see the difference in the environment when he would start to sing. And when he started, the difference was so apparent that even a deaf could feel it. He was singing mataji's bhajan. The devotion in his voice was evident because he could effortlessly connect his words with the divine. The way he took off 'Jaago jaago ma...' till the end, was as if his devotion has touched the pinnacle and would force the goddess to appear in front of him. At one point of time I was literally scared of his voice. The energy that had pumped in was so much that it literally got me Goosebumps. Then came the mesmerising "Sanson ki mala..." song and it made me slip into deep meditation, in spite of having a full meal at 'Dara's Dhaba'!! Few songs followed and then came the knowledge session.

While he sat on his chair for the knowledge session, he gazed into each and everyone's eyes for about 5 mins. He dint speak a word, only a trademark smile was seen. As he started speaking, I kept looking at him endlessly without blinking. Every action and gesture of his was worth capturing. I didn’t want to block my view and see him through the cell phone camera. I just wanted to keep looking at him. He has a stature that can make anyone go crazy for him. Girls would want a man like him, guys would want to be like him, elders would want a son like him and kids would want a dad like him; a persona that is beyond definition. All this while I was thinking that, should I consider myself unfortunate to not meet him years ago or fortunate to meet him at least now. He would pull the crowd and put his stern point across in a way that can never make anyone feel offended but at the same time would make them realize their mistakes. He is blunt, straight and tough. A person who cannot tolerate casual attitude of people and at the same time would drink all the anger aroused by someone's ignorance.

A key point that was learnt from guruji, he shared with us: "The greatest virtue of an enlightened person is the tolerance of ignorance".

All the knowledge that he shared is readily available with Shivangi, so I am not going to elaborate on that. I want to restrict this post to Rishiji’s presence.
The session ended and he mischievously said "We'll end this with a song". I expected the usual concluding song, "Radha Raman Hari bol.." but to my surprise, he started with "Rama ho..rama ho...". And this experience is something that is beyond the scope of this post. He took off with a melodious voice and then raised it to the max like a rock star. I cannot describe the high that everyone felt. He then stood up and swayed along with the mic as if he is performing a show. He swept everyone off their feet as he clubbed the song with "Jai Jai radha raman hari bol..". This was a new version that I had never heard of. It was truly rocking. As he saw the cakes being brought, he quickly switched over to "Sagar me ek leher uthi". And this, I tell you, will make you go mad over him. He kind of remixed it and from a sweet birthday song, converted it into a Rock song. At the end of the song he whistled loudly in the mic. One thing worth noticing was, he had bright smile on his face throughout the satsang and effortlessly he would switch over from smiling at one moment to modulating his voice the other moment.
While he was leaving, I now had the wish of at least touching him. I could see people wanting their hands touched by him, like the crazy fans of SRK. But unlike SRK, with a genuine smile that could shower only blessings, he would meet everyone.

The impression that he has left on me, will truly last beyond this lifetime. It had left us centered, focused and reminded me of the roles that we are here to play. The roles that only the chosen ones play, the roles that would change the way the world lives. My heart was full of gratitude and I could ask for nothing else after meeting him. I had to join my office the next day at 9.00am in pune. I reached home at 12.45 and till 2.00am I was with mom, discussing my experiences with him. She was half asleep when I returned but was equally excited to listen to my experiences. She had attended a 7 day knowledge session with him while I was slogging in Mysore. She has been a great fan of him since then.

As I conclude this post, I have only one wish, i.e. to do Rishiji's advance course. To all the readers, who have met rishiji, know what I feel, and to those who haven’t, please don’t miss a single opportunity to meet him.

Once you meet him, even you'll agree that "Our Superstars are completely different from their superstars!!"

3 comments:

mihir said...

He's simply awesome !! agree completly with yaa Rishab !! and shaa tu aab taak rishi ji se nahi mila thaa ?? huh !! :P

Mansee's Point Of View! said...

written beautifully...really motivated me to meet him :-)will keep my fingers crossed

janvi said...

i totaly agree wth u rishab........ i hv met rishiji nd he is awesum.....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin