Mar 11, 2010

My Father- My Hero

Its a very special day for me today as we celebrate the 61st Birthday of Papa. He is an integral part of me and I take this opportunity to share this beautiful day with all our dear readers.

Few qualities that come close to describing him are, Strength, Sincerity, Righteousness, Intelligence, Kindness, Generosity, Wisdom, Extremely loving, Caring and Spiritual.


He was the first to introduce the spirit of inquiry in me. As a teenager I often found myself discussing subject like purpose of life, human evolution, history, politics etc with him. For any answer that I needed I knew he would have it. His decisions were always right as they were a based on logic and reasoning.
He encouraged us to make our own decisions based on logic and his words conveyed “If something goes wrong I AM THERE” This gave me immense confidence and trust in myself while growing up.

I have two elder brothers and they often said ,He has a soft corner for you (as he supported me in many decisions even when my bro's thought I was wrong) and I never wished to correct them.
Today when I asked Shashank bhaiya (my elder brother) to send a message for him he said “He loves you more than us. Go ahead and put this” ☺


He is a self made man and most of our childhood he was busy supporting our family (It was a big joint family set up then). And he succeeded is giving all of us probably more than he ever enjoyed materially as a youngster. He provided us more than we could have ever imagined.

He says, to earn credibility takes a lifetime and to loose it only one wrong deed. His true wealth is, the respect and faith that he has earned for himself . I want to follow his footsteps and be as honest and truthful as him all my life.

One of his favorite philosophies is that I find very interesting, "at work one should play the role of Krishna, skillful and diplomatic, but at home one should be Rama , sacrificing and giving".


I feel jealous of his Grandchildren as they are getting so much more time and attention from him than we did at there age .
Ritvik and Prisha say “ He is the best grandfather in the world , Very intelligent and creative. We love him very much. I like to do craft activities with him.”
Shashwat says “Nanu you are the best”

To whatever I have learned today I contribute to my Hero, A person who has always lived by his values and never compromised righteousness over small term gains. Without the lessons you taught me Papa, Life would be meaningless. And if I ever have to be born again, I would want you as my father
Here is my first poem, I wrote when I was in my 8th standard, ofcourse! dedicated to him.

He is the only man in my life,
Who since my childhood has been on my side.

He caught my finger and taught me to walk and when I fell ,
I could see his heart cried.

I pray to God to make me lik
e him,
Soft-Gentle-Patient-Wise

I want him to be my father again,
If ever I get a second life,

The mere thought of parting from him,
Brings tears in my eyes.



Ruchi Bhabhi says,
Never came across a gentleman like him. Has always thought others. Always gives the correct advice. He is the best dad.

Rishi says.
It is purely coincidental that I was asked this question from one of my customer that to name one thing that my father has taught me and I was not able to answer, as I told him that I cannot just say one thing that he has taught me because it has been an evolution of his teachings what I am. It is an art to teach contradictory things and finally imbibe intelligence of putting the contradictions of life together and make a purposeful human being if I am one for the family society and the country therefore my true feeling is that he is larger than life individual for me just like a Hero of movie who is capable of performing the impossible.
“ wish you a very happy birthday “
Proud to be your son



Happy Happy Birthday Papa
WE LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH….


(From left mummy,papa,Rishi bhaiya,Shreyas,Shashwat,Ritvik,Tanay,Aarti bhabhi,Ruchi bhabhi,Prisha)


Regards,
VJ

7 comments:

Rishabh said...

Take away from the post - "At work one should play the role of Krishna, skillful and diplomatic, but at home one should be Rama , sacrificing and giving".
Now I know the origin of your everflowing love and grace :)
Happy Bday Uncle!!

jhalak said...

today my comment is purely for uncle andnot 4 u dii,hehe
WISH U A VERY HAPPY B'DAY UNCLE......... :-)......... ALTHOUGH WE HAV'NT MET I COULD FEEL EACH AND EVERY WORD THAT DII HAS WRITTEN..... TODAY I TAKE THE OPPURTUNITY TO THANK U, AS WE HAVE VASU AS BEAUTIFULLY SHE IS,AND WE KNOW TODAY THE SOURCE IS U.......... REALY WANT TO MEET U......... LOTS OF LOVE; :-)jhalak.......

Unknown said...

Fathers r always loving and caring. They usuallly form the role model of every child. They also act as anchor's in ones life.
Happy Bithday Uncle

sukeerti said...

wwwwwwwooooooowwwwwwwww! just reminded me of my bond wid my dad. I had tears in my eyes. Yes dad is d 1st man in my life. N i think nothng in d world can change d fact dat for a father his daughter is his world.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE
Lots of luv
P.S:Luvd d poem

Shruti Poojari said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...........had tears in my eyes......
loved it di.....
happy bday uncle.....

Unknown said...

I have been fortunate to spend time with Papa. I have walked out each time with more silence, peace, humble and a vigour to venture on my own. Am yet to meet another soft sopken, gentle "gentlemen" like papa.

Inspite being sooo successful, yet grounded, sooo humble - is THE thing that papa reminds me again and again and agian, I have implemnted it, more fine tune happening!

To Papa: Your journey of life is needed for so many young hearts studying management courses. Please share your path to succes with every soul possible..

Have a healthier happier moments ahead...Happy Birthday to you.

Cheers...Geetha

Mamta Pandya said...

Very Very inspiring and a beautiful beautiful post,
WOW....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin