Apr 20, 2009

THE “VOTE FOR CHANGE” RALLY

 

It was starting at 5pm from Lokhenwala gardens and it was already 6.15 by the time we left from Santacruz . When I called Mamta and Virat to inquire the spot that I should be joining the rally I could hear roars of slogans in the background. I was excited and wanted to reach there faster. We had to take many U-turns as we could not locate the spot where the rally had reached. This was making both Siddharth and me impatient, though for different reasons. I was restless as I did not want to loose more time and Sid because he did not want to participate in the rally at all. But I forced him to come.

But finally after all the guidance from Mamta (friendly advice to you, Please think twice before asking Mamta directions, as she confuses right to left and left to right) we did manage to join the gang, or should I say a satvik Gang.

I would like to elaborate why I used the term “satvik“ here. On the way we also came across a Samajwadi party rally. It looked like a cluster of scary individuals. Honestly before this encounter I did not know much about them. But to me they looked like a bunch of hardliners and Taporis from the street who were campaigning in a filmi way.

After this site our Group looked like a bunch of clean, happy, harmless individuals who were just expressing their views to others.

It took me only a few seconds to become a part of the group as Sukeerti handed me some pamphlets and a banner to display. Soon I was shouting “VOTE KARO VOTE KARO, MUMBAIKERS VOTE KARO”. We were walking besides a busy road and many buses and cars were passing by us. I started giving the handouts to the travelers in cars and autos. To my amazement I saw all eye on the road staring at us. They were keen to know what we had to say.  Some even slowed down their vehicles to take the handouts and listen to us .Wow! This was amazing. Even the police wala walking with us was smiling and enjoying so much. There was not even a single frown of worry on his faceJ

I was caught by surprise when I saw a hand snatching my handouts, Why surprise?? Because it was none other than Siddharth saying “please give me your handouts as I want to distribute them in the next bus”. I thought to myself is this the same person who was resisting to even join the rally in the 1st place. As I saw him now leading from front and giving his 100% to the job, I felt very happyJ

Among others there was Jainil screaming at the top of his voice ” ACHEE KE LIYEE VOTE KARO, SACHEE KE LIYE VOTE KARO” and following him were Vatika ,Shukla, Sukeerti ,Mamta,Hitest and others.

One very important being must be mentioned here. From the very beginning of the rally this species selflessly joined us and kept walking with us till the very end. As if saying, I am with you. A street DogJ He supported us right till the end. And when in the end we offered it food it did not eat anything, as though saying, I want nothing in return J

We distributed some 6000 pamphlets and reached infinity mall. By now our pamphlets got over. But no one in the team looked tired or exhausted as everyone kept shouting slogans of changeJ

We also imagined that in the next elections we will campaign for our own candidate. If we do that no one can beat us. Our sevaks have such power in their voice that if they raise it for something it has to be heard. This strength comes from their genuine concern for people. They truly want to make a difference in this world. And people can sense their intentions.

 

Politics and rallies can be fun, I learned this today. But they are fun only if done with good intentions. This was a new experience. And a memorable event for a new beginning…

2 comments:

Jainil said...

Well really we had a blast..or dat may b an understatement i guess!!
At first i was feeling lazy to go for this drive but sumhow pushd myself and dat was 1 of d best decisions i took...it was so much fun to run behind cars n rickshaws to hand in sum pamphlets there and the response from ppl were overwhelming but it broke sum ego as well as a few ppl refusd on d face 2 take pamphlets taking us for salesmen or frm any party or god knows 4 wat...ppl in cars at first sight were lookin @ us as if we'r bunch of aliens but as soon as they heard our cause, they had a spark in their eyes n a big grin appreciating our efforts...some went on a step further and even joined us like Mahaveer jain a very enthusiastic guy...u may seem him in d upcoming Yes!+....
Presence of guruji cud b felt by d way ppl wer responding 2 us.
and d dog of course...we were all in love with him!!...the whole journey he walkd with us..
U missed it all!!
this goes for almost all of u as only a handful from our zone wer there.
Tc
JGd!!

Deep said...

ofcourse it is real fun when the intentions are pure and clear....
i have no doubt u guys had lots of funnn...this reminded me the rally which i attended at the Gateway on 3rd December 08...The energy is sooo different...u have no option but to get completely charged up..

I WILL DEFINITELY VOTE FOR A CHANGE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin