Oct 20, 2009

Me and my 1/4th wisdom...

It was one of those moments of my life when I was remembering all the knowledge points taught in an art of living course more than ever before. Hoping something shall help me somehow….

I was stuck in a comfortable reclining chair “accepting the situation as it was” while the colonel was at his Routine War. Only this time the war ground was inside my mouth,the weapons were his tools and injections and the enemy was my innocent wisdom tooth. As he struggled to take away one fourth of my wisdom (You see to pour more in the cup it has to be emptied first, especially when its over flowing☺ like in my case) which was determined not to leave me at any cost ( of course because of its unbounded love for me) .I was chanting in my heart “opposite values are complimentary” (Waiting for the opposite to manifest soooooon). Every second felt like a decade and nothing seemed to be working. Though I was deep breathing, the breath was not doing its job of relaxing the body or the mind!

Oh! I realized now, I have again underestimated this surgery, just like I did when I went through labor pains . Only these 2 times in my life I actually doubted that I was brave, but now it was too late. Even though I wanted I could not RUN AWAY from that chair.

So I surrendered. Guruji’s pic stared into my eyes with his usual smile. For the 1st time I felt irritated with his smile .I am in excruciating pain and You are smiling ? You better intervene and take away this pain I ordered to him.
This moment I felt another prick in my mouth and a tingling sensation as if a thousand ants were crawling on my cheek. The colonel gave a final blow to its enemy and finally the wisdom left me.
After the dressing, usual instructions followed. But one instruction was not usual and interesting. Eat lots of ice creams tonight. Wow! Now I can eat ice creamS and not feel guilty. Guilty because, I am off white sugar.


The ice creams also lost there charms and I returned to the doc after 2 days complaining of pain .He with a lot of sympathy tells me "oh generally the patients recover the very next day and come back smiling ,unlike you".
These words did not help me at all and the same feeling came back to me ! The same feeling I got, when I came out of the examination hall thinking it was over wow! Just until my class topper came out and offered to discuss the answers. Oh no! I realized so many mistakes , she cant be wrong and I am surely not right. There was a hollow choking feeling. Have you ever gone through this feeling?

Present moment is inevitable, as I was just about accepting this fact , the colonel’s wife who was silently observing everything says “ Oh I am so happy to see you like this”. What!!! did I hear that right , I stared at her in shock. She continued, “This reminds me of my misery of wisdom tooth extraction” What misery ,I was definitely interested in hearing as I was waiting for some relief.

I could hardly breathe or blink while hearing her story. Oh my God! No ways! What! Couldn’t be!! Etc etc was my reaction to her story. I could feel exactly what she may have gone though and a sense of relief was dawning over me. I was feeling grateful for my state and happy to be 25 years ahead in time where I got much superior treatment than her.

Her story will be the next post. You cant miss it. Its really really really interesting.:)

In the meanwhile I have dropped the idea of any tooth removals for now until the old memories fade away completely. But I keep up my faith I am really Brave☺ isn’t it???

11 comments:

mihir said...

yea ! !u are indeed !!!! :) !!!! bravo vasu didz !!

Shilpy said...

hahahhahahahahha.....I just can stop laughing......still remember, u struggling to speak, we all irritating u to an extreme, making fun of u ....siddharth bhai's mischevious acts vs ur helpless expressions..... :)

Akhil said...

waiting to hear the other story,.. the old-day treatments! :) post soon!

Jay said...

I am due for two root canals with the same colonel.....this post has got me chanting!!!

Jainil Khandelwal said...

Wow! wat interesting usage of the knowledge points!!...lol didi u'r not less than bau in ur witty style!!..anyways waiting for the story and bit worried as i too hav a nice big teeth treatment lined up!! :)

jassi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jassi said...

Shilpy I m agree...

Di!! I hope u r fine now...
& will c u soon...

Virat said...

Didnt you take a nice photo of the tooth!?!

I remember Vikram Bhaiya had put up a post on his blog after his wisdom tooth thingi - with a pic of his extracted tooth! :)

Anyway - am glad all my wisdom is in my mouth! :)

Deep said...

VnV YES+ team has made colonel's Diwali !!!
heheheheh....

Rishabh said...

This post inspired me to write what you had asked me to, and created a benchmark for me so that i can write something thts atleast remotely close to your level.

thnks a lot for gratifying my senses of writing ;)

Unknown said...

more than a dental experience, it seemed to be a senti-mental one, Vasu Aunty...
But how beautifully you have expressed the roller-coasterness of the mind...
Jai Gur-dev (oops 1/4th wisdom gone...)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin