Dec 4, 2008

Good Morning Mumbai!!!


The day started with a slightest feeling of anxiety and fear as it was my exam today. The day passed by and so did the exam (it was good enough for me to attempt around 70-75 marks…)
I had no clue after I left the examination hall what Guru has in store for me… as u guys know, Jainil had sent some message regarding the gathering at the gateway of India…I did not take it seriously at all then, but some of my friends did…
First I resisted to go but then something in me took me over there all the way from Byculla to the very famous Gate Way Of India…yeah, The scene, where few terrorists had attacked the Taj Mahal Hotel..

The traffic was crazzy….. Leaving the taxi in there, we decided to reach on foot which was almost a Kilometer and a half away…
I could see all the youth heading towards Gateway....”Itne sare log, I am surprised!!” , was the only thing in my mind…
But as soon as we reached outskirts of Gateway…mannn ….
The scene took me right away into the text book of History where I could only remember Gandhiji and followers protesting against the British…






It was Amazing!!!!!!

Thousands of youth protesting against Government, shouting “Bhaarat Mata ki Jai”, “Vande Mataram”,…We sang Jana Gana Mana too….One of the best was “Gully Gully mein shor hai, Paakistaan Chor hai….” And many others..
Even I did not stay behind in cursing the neighbor and our proud Govt…lol










i was really impressed by this !!

<-----






Very truely said.....>>>





<<<<...........An agitated youth



Somebody was missing in the rally....

u guessed it right, Mr Marathi Manoos and his Goondas...


That street, screaming at the peak of the voice, did not discriminate between a Maharashtrian or North Indian and neither a Muslim….
My friend Muffadal was also one of the protesters to raise the voice against Pak…and then I realized it is not the religion, but patriotism…that binds every Indian…
From my childhood I have been hearing and reading about ‘Unity in Diversity’, even written essays on this topic…and its now that I have understood its meaning…
But then, it some how gave me a feeling that this is the time to do something for the nation…
As Bawa said it right “Get the present Jokers out”
The best way to help our nation is to become leaders…to become leaders in whatever initiative we take…. And VOTE; ofcourse…This is what I think….

We lit 3 candles in the name of Martyrs and policemen who lost their lives….

While returning back, I had a view of the Hotel.. I could only remember was the video clips shown by news channels of terrorists attacking from the window…I was able to locate that...it was in no way a good site to look at….
But I was a bit happy for the nation. People have started taking politics, terrorism seriously and talking in pure give & take terms. People have become more aware of the situation. Especially the youth…

As Mumbai sleeps tonite, i know that it has started rising up from the deep sleep which was prevalent since years….
At this point we don’t have to let it go….It just needs a little support….

And for that reason, Guruji is there, right within us…..
Jai Hind!!
Jai Gurudev !!!

With Best Regards N Luv
Deep

P.S : Pl post in your comments about anything that u feel for the current scenario..

4 comments:

Bohemian said...

Jai Gurudev! Kuldeep,
Very Nice! I too was there, and yes the response was overwhelming! Just hope that every nite, when we Indians sleep, we realise that we owe that peace and bliss to so many dedicated souls who are awake for our sake. Pushing out underserving politicos is not the solution - equally important is, bringing in deserving office bearers, and who else but people from YES!+, don't we agree? Yes!+ aims at empowering youth and it does not end with one, two or 200 workshops, every empowered youth is a priceless tool for the Nation. The need of the hour is Unity not Diversity in any form,today its one Kuldeep and tomorrow I am confident the Nation will be alive and awake with countless such 'Deeps', Like Swami Vivekananda the iconic youth leader said, 'Arise Awake and Stop Not till the Goal is reached'. We've slept enough, if we don't rise now, then WHEN??? I'm sad to see no other comments here on such an important issue, just hope we all wake up on time, if there is any time left that is! Be motivated and empowered.

Luv - n - Jai Gurudev!

Anuradha
(Some people have asked me to stop using my other name 'Sonia':) [since my political namesake is really not so dearly loved], well, since I don't address myself as either, its upto you guys to address me as Anu or Sonia, whatever, I at the core remain the same, die-heartedly, patiriotially fiery :))

Arnav said...

I too was present there at that time..and the crowd was more than furious at that time..well written...its high time that we as citizens awaken...And we should spread our beloved GURU'S message by bringing in more and more and more ppl for the course...
COZ THATS THEN ONLY SOLUTION...
JAI GURUDEVA....!!!!

Mansee's Point Of View! said...

Jai Gurudev :-)

i was there too..had scribbled some thoughts after that which are posted at my blog- if u r interested, do check it out. Its:

http://mansee-pov.blogspot.com/2008/12/peace-walk-at-gateway.html

Saleel Pulekar said...

Dear Deep,
You have written very well! So natural and straight from the heart! Keep it up! I am sure you and your friends are aware of the 1 Lac ppl walk planned in Delhi in March 09. Guruji wants to bring the Indian Youth together in the fight against corruption.
Love,
Jai Gurudev
Saleel Pulekar
YES!+ Teacher

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin